Corporate event Venues Seattle
Seattle has an innovative ecosystem that makes the region a leader in the following sectors: information technology, video games, mobile devices, aerospace and biotechnology. This is due, mainly, to tax incentives offered by the state of Washington, well-educated, world-class research, diverse workforce and qualified, as well as a strong network of business services and business support emerging.
Seattle has a privileged geographical location at the crossroads of the global markets and is home to technology companies such as Microsoft, Amazon, Boeing, Expedia, Nintendo, ZymoGenetics, to name a few.
Also, Seattle is the birthplace of constant ups for services to support business and its strong corporate culture. The technology cluster in the region has generated significant economic growth, created thousands of jobs and stimulated investment in infrastructure. This growth has been consistent and has helped improve the quality of life.
Seattle is classified as a smart city, ranking number one among U.S. cities for its high technological knowledge and wireless coverage.
Seattle TechBA partners
- EnterpriseSeattle. Organization that seeks the economic development of the region and provides information and assistance to companies.
- City of Bellevue. It is the fifth largest city in Washington and is considered a high-tech center.
- Trade Development Alliance of Greater Seattle. Promotes international trade and seeks to position Seattle as one of the major shopping malls in the United States.
- Department of Commerce of the State of Washington. The International Trade Program aims to increase the global competitiveness of the State of Washington.
- Washington Biotechnology & Biomedical Association. Supports the research, development and commercialization of technology applied to Life Sciences.
- US-Mexico Chamber of Commerce Northwest Chapter. Organization comprised of companies, organizations and community leaders committed to promoting trade, tourism and investment between the U.S. and Mexico.
Strategic AreasInformation Technology
This sector is characterized as one of the most diverse in the region with great business productivity focused on areas such as internet and e-commerce, multimedia, gaming and entertainment, online services, and software engineering and development, among others.Video
This sector generates about 200, 000 jobs and has 150 companies with revenues of 30 billion dollars annually. Some companies that are leaders in the region are: Microsoft, Amazon, Real Networks, T-Mobile and Google.Biotechnology
Seattle is one of the largest biotechnology centers in the United States with more than 400 companies in the State of Washington, of which 51% is devoted to the development of therapeutics, diagnostics produced 32% and 12% performed genetic tests focused on agriculture, plants , animals and natural resources.Aerospace
This sector is key to the Seattle region, thanks to the presence of Boeing joining here its Boeing 737 and 787 Dreamliner. The region is the largest aerospace industry in the U.S., leading exports of aircraft, with more than 80, 000 jobs in the state and 171 companies related to this industry.
More information here .
ContactTechBA Chief Seattle
Itzam De Gortari
itzam.gortari @ techba.org
gabriela.michan @ techba.org
Corporate Event Planning
I have been in the advertising industry for about 3 years now. I am considering a position as event planning supervisor for a large communications firm. I would be implementing/managing events for a large electronics client. I was wondering if someone can provide some helpful insight on a role like this --- as well as how this position could be a launch pad for other marketing opportunities? What is the normal growth pattern for someone in event planning?
You might also like:
Fears of Western strike on Syria spread in Mideast — Kansas City Star
In London, Prime Minister David Cameron held a meeting on Syria and said the military and security chiefs at Britain's National Security Council "unanimously" backed his call for action.
Gift Bag (Large) in a Celtic Eternity Knot Design (Black)
Home (Celtic Glass Designs)
Pill Box (large size) in a Mackintosh Ring of Roses Design
Home (Sea Gems)
The Taxation of Petroleum and Minerals: Principles, Problems and Practice (Routledge Explorations in Environmental Economics)
eBooks (INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND)
Improving Tax Administration in Developing Countries
eBooks (INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND)